- View from China: East Palestine Train Derailment and Crumbling U.S. Infrastructureby BreakThrough News
The East Palestine train derailment revealed for many in the U.S. and around the world the impact of corporate deregulation. The story was trending for many weeks in China as people were confused and surprised by the way that corporations are managed in the U.S. compared to the nationalized and […]
- Russia’s Politics of Writing Off African Debts, Putin’s Strategy of Economic Cooperationby Kester Kenn Klomegah
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post Russia’s Politics […]
- Assad to Sputnik: World War III Already Unleashed by West in Form of Proxy Warby Orinoco Tribune 2
Syrian President Bashar Assad was interviewed by Sputnik after his summit with Putin. Assad stressed
- Getting The Members Into Motion At UPSby Sean Orr, Labor Notes.
Rank-and-file activists at UPS have a huge task: getting our 340,000 co-workers ready to mount a credible strike threat by August 1. Luckily we don’t have to do it alone, like we did in 2013 and 2018. This time we have the support of Teamsters President Sean O’Brien, Secretary-Treasurer Fred […]
- Pentagon Speeds Up Plans to Get Abrams Tanks to Ukraineby Dave DeCamp
The Pentagon is looking to speed up the delivery of the Abrams tank to Ukraine by refurbishing older models instead of manufacturing new ones. US officials told The Associated Press that the new plan is to send Ukraine the older M1A1 version that can be pulled from US Army stockpiles. The officials […]
- DeSantis Privately Called for Google to Be ‘Broken Up’by Editor
In previously unreported videos from a closed-door Teneo Network conference, Florida's Republican governor takes his anti-big tech rhetoric beyond what he has said publicly. The post DeSantis Privately Called for Google to Be ‘Broken Up’ appeared first on scheerpost.com.
- Official Reveals How Iran Helped Reactivate Key Refineryby kwjorinoco
Iran has supplied some 2.8 million parts to Venezuela for the purpose of restarting the
- Venezuela Establishes Expat Protocol for Primary Electionsby Misión Verdad
Venezuela’s national regulating body for primary elections, the National Primary Commission (CNdP), has confirmed that
- ‘Mexico is not a US colony!’: AMLO condemns invasion threats, celebrates nationalization of oil, lithiumby Ben Norton
Mexico's leftist President AMLO condemned "hypocritical" Republicans who want the US military to invade, declaring "Mexico is an independent and free country, not a US colony or protectorate!" In a massive rally, López Obrador also celebrated the expropriation of oil and lithium, condemning […]
- Xi Jinping Arrives in Russia on State Visitby kwjorinoco
Yesterday, the Chinese president’s plane landed on the tarmac of the Vnukovo-2 international airport, reserved
- Bent MEPs Vote to Protect Bent MEPs and Their Graft. What Is the Point of the European Parliament?by A A
The beating heart of the EU institutions is greed and self-gratification either by hook or by crook, Martin Jay writes.
- Foreign Devils on the Road to Afghanistanby M. K. Bhadrakumar
By M. K. Bhadrakumar – Mar 12, 2023 On March 7, the western powers huddled
- New York Times Tries for Pulitzer Prize in Irresponsible Reporting on Bank Crisesby Editor
By The Center for Economic and Policy Research The New York Times seems to think it is a newspaper’s job to promote bank panics wherever possible. It would be difficult to explain its reporting on the Silicon Valley Bank’s (SVB) collapse any other way. Last week it ran a piece implying that […]
- Patrick Lawrence: Trump & the Stormy Deep Stateby Editor
We keep coming face-to-face with the wreckage of the Russiagate years, when the 45th president threatened the national security apparatus for, possibly, the first time since Kennedy fired Allen Dulles as C.I.A. director in 1961. The post Patrick Lawrence: Trump & the Stormy Deep State appeared […]
- Japan Plans $75B Investment Across Indo-Pacific to Counter Chinaby Sakura Murakami
… The post Japan Plans $75B Investment Across Indo-Pacific to Counter China appeared first on Global Research.
- Japan Plans $75B Investment Across Indo-Pacific to Counter Chinaby Sakura Murakami
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to …
- Kidney Failure After Covid mRNA Vaccination. ANCA Positive Vasculitisby Dr. Peter McCullough
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post Kidney Failure After […]
- Conflicts of Interest: Pfizer’s Secret Collusion with the NIH. Big Pharma Endangers Public Healthby Dr. Joseph Mercola
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post Conflicts of […]
- Send in the Clowns. Yellen and Garland Perform Back-to-back Surprise Visits to Ukraineby Philip Giraldi
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post Send in the Clowns. […]
- Political West Doubles Down on ‘Russia Kidnapping Children’ Propaganda Narrativeby Drago Bosnic
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post Political West […]
- Putin Tells Xi He’s “Open to Negotiating Process” on Ukraine as US Says Ceasefire “Unacceptable”by Zero Hedge
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post Putin Tells Xi […]
- Indonesia’s Betrayal of Palestine: Hosting Israel in Under-20 World Cupby Miko Peled
Israeli human rights activist Miko Peled argues that by recognizing Israel, Muslim countries are betraying the Palestinian cause. The post Indonesia’s Betrayal of Palestine: Hosting Israel in Under-20 World Cup appeared first on MintPress News.
- “True Stories … Could Fuel Hesitancy”: Stanford Project Worked to Censor Even True Stories on Social Mediaby Jonathan Turley
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post “True Stories … […]
- Biden, ¿Quién es tu George Ball?by Seymour M. Hersh
… The post Biden, ¿Quién es tu George Ball? appeared first on Global Research.
- Today Marks 19th Anniversary of Anti-Serb Pogrom in Kosovo-Metohijaby Tanjug
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post Today Marks 19th […]
- Modus operandi del lawfare peruanoby Miguel Santos García
… The post Modus operandi del lawfare peruano appeared first on Global Research.
- 186 More Banks “Are at Risk of Failure”, and That Could Push Us Into the Next Great Depressionby Michael Snyder
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post 186 More Banks […]
- Are Bank Failures a Sign of More Trouble Ahead?by Rep. Ron Paul
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post Are Bank Failures a […]
- Cheap Algerian Gas vs Rightwing Ideology: Will Italy Change Its Position on Jerusalem?by Ramzy Baroud
Netanyahu has two main demands from Italy: not to vote against Israel at the United Nations and, more importantly, to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. The post Cheap Algerian Gas vs Rightwing Ideology: Will Italy Change Its Position on Jerusalem? appeared first on MintPress News.
- AUKUS a Hard Nuke Sale in Next Door Southeast Asiaby Richard Javad Heydarian
… The post AUKUS a Hard Nuke Sale in Next Door Southeast Asia appeared first on Global Research.
- AUKUS a Hard Nuke Sale in Next Door Southeast Asiaby Richard Javad Heydarian
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to …
- The Chinese Document, “US Hegemony and Its Perils”. The U.S. is a “Paper Tiger”. Geopolitical Analysis by Dr. Paul Craig Robertsby Dr. Paul Craig Roberts
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post The Chinese […]
- Breaking: “Second Russia Offensive” (SRO): Vladimir Sharpens the Cleaver; Volodymyr Fattens the Calfby William Walter Kay
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post Breaking: “Second […]
- U.S. Drone Forced Down in Black Sea Was Gathering Intelligence for Ukrainian Forces. Scott Ritterby Jeremy Kuzmarov
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post U.S. Drone Forced […]
- Member of House of Lords Uses Mainstream Media to Claim That “Antivaxxers are a global menace who must be defeated”by The Expose
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post Member of House of […]
- From Balloons to AUKUS: The War Drive Against Chinaby Dr. Binoy Kampmark
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post From Balloons to […]
- Alternative Solutions to the Banking Crisis - #SolutionsWatchby Corbett
Ellen Brown, frequent Corbett Report guest and author of The Web of Debt and Banking on the People: Democratizing Money in the Digital Age, joins us to discuss her latest articles on the bank runs that are leading us toward the event horizon of the quadrillion dollar derivative black hole. The post […]
- UK, Israel to Sign Multimillion Agreement despite Violence against Palestiniansby admin
Britain and Israel will sign an agreement aimed at deepening technology, trade, and security ties over the next seven years when UK foreign minister James Cleverly meets his Israeli counterpart in London on Tuesday, The [...] The post UK, Israel to Sign Multimillion Agreement despite Violence […]
- Iraq war: Twenty years on, the US has learned nothingby Marco Carnelos
By invading Iraq in 2003, the US had ambitions to reshape the Middle East. Two decades later, The post Iraq war: Twenty years on, the US has learned nothing appeared first on TheAltWorld.
- The Hidden Proxy War Washington Wages against Chinaby Brian Berletic
How a US delisted terror organization still threatens China… As US-Chinese tensions rise ahead of a feared The post The Hidden Proxy War Washington Wages against China appeared first on TheAltWorld.
- Palestinians Call for ICC to Arrest Far-Right Israeli Minister Smotrichby admin
The Palestinian Authority announced on Monday that it will demand that the International Criminal Court arrest Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich, Anadolu news agency reported. The move comes after Smotrich claimed that the Palestinian people [...] The post Palestinians Call for ICC to […]
- Britain supplying depleted uranium rounds to Ukraineby PHIL MILLER
The UK will send “armour piercing rounds which contain depleted uranium” to Ukraine, for use with the tank squadron donated by the British army. Defence minister Baroness Goldie made the admission yesterday in response to a written parliamentary question from crossbench peer Lord Hylton. Goldie […]
- Crypto & the SVB Banking Crisis with Marty Bent & Michael Kriegerby Unlimited Hangout
Crypto & the SVB Banking Crisis with Marty Bent & Michael Krieger.
- Selected Articles: A 10-year-old Canadian Hockey Player From Hamilton, Ontario, Died Suddenly on March 11, 2023. Canada’s COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates for Athletes Ages 12+ Are a Serious Crimeby Global Research News
A 10-year-old Canadian Hockey Player From Hamilton, Ontario, Died Suddenly on March 11, 2023. Canada’s COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates for Athletes Ages 12+ Are a Serious Crime By Dr. William Makis, March 20, 2023 COVID-19 Vaccine mandates were for ages … The post Selected Articles: A 10-year-old […]
- East Palestine Soil Contains Dioxin Levels Hundreds of Times Over Cancer Risk Thresholdby Jake Johnson
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post East Palestine Soil […]
- For 20 Years, Team Bush Has Escaped Prosecution for Their War Crimes in Iraqby Prof. Marjorie Cohn
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post For 20 Years, Team […]
- China’s Global Civilization Initiative Is Its Response To The West’s Liberal-Globalismby Andrew Korybko
China has now decided to enter into an entente with Russia aimed at forming a dual pole The post China’s Global Civilization Initiative Is Its Response To The West’s Liberal-Globalism appeared first on TheAltWorld.
- China’s Foreign Policy: Lessons for the United Statesby Melvin Goodman
China’s orchestration of the renewal of diplomatic relations between Iran and Saudi Arabia should be a wakeup call to the Biden administration’s national security team, particularly to Antony Blinken’s Department of State. China’s success exposes flaws in American national security […]
- On the ICC, Putin, Netanyahu and Prosecutorial Discretionby John Whitbeck
As the whole world is now aware, the International Criminal Court, at the instigation of its British chief prosecutor, issued on March 17 arrest warrants against President Vladimir Putin and Russia's commissioner for children's rights for alleged war crimes. The ICC's formal statement announcing […]
- The NYT’s Irresponsible Reporting on Bank Crisesby Dean Baker
The New York Times seems to think it is a newspaper’s job to promote bank panics wherever possible. It would be difficult to explain its reporting on the Silicon Valley Bank’s (SVB) collapse any other way. Last week it ran a piece implying that Silicon Valley’s tech sector was going to be […]
- Algorithmic Dictatorshipby Thomas Klikauer
Digital dictatorship marks the combination of algorithms, the invisible computer codes that increasingly run the Internet and by inference, our lives. While lacking a distinct ideological backing, it also carries mild connotations to the Italian fasci and fascio. Literally, fasci means bundle or […]
- Revisiting Are Prisons Obsolete? Angela Davis’s Enduring Influence by Luke Dunne
Twenty years after the publication of Are Prisons Obsolete?, Angela Davis’ case for prison abolitionism continues to provide the movement with its intellectual underpinnings. It was once seen as inevitable that prisons would be abolished in America. During the 1950s and 60s, that was the […]
- Michigan Opens the Door to Restoring Union Powerby Sonali Kolhatkar
Michigan is expected very soon to reverse its so-called “right-to-work” (RTW) law. The repeal, led by Democrats and passing along strictly partisan lines, is a concrete outcome of the liberal party winning a narrow majority of seats in the state’s House and Senate last November and Democratic […]
- Congress has Opted for Colonialism Over Democracy in Puerto Ricoby Edward Hunt
Congressional leaders have sidelined one of the more promising efforts to end U.S. colonialism in Puerto Rico. Following months of progress on a landmark bill that would enable the people of Puerto Rico to vote on a post-territorial status for their nation, the newly seated Congress has dropped the […]
- Norfolk Southern Execs: Heed Love Canal’s Lessons and Pay Up or Else!by Barbara G. Ellis
If Norfolk Southern (NS) railroad officials were smart about damage-control costs for their East Palestine chemical derailment in Ohio, their paramount priority should be immediate offers to buyout all affected houses at assessment value in a 25-mile radius of that February 3 freight train wreck. […]
- Letter from London: a Long Week in Marchby Peter Bach
MONDAY last week threw a surprise. It began with word from Central Asia about a film project, an anti-war tale plugged into a moment in recent history. This meant liaising with an American scriptwriter friend in Oregon to whom I immediately sent a text. It just so happened he was waking up in the […]
- Deepening Tensions on the Korean Peninsula Demand New Thinking in Washingtonby Mel Gurtov
The Mounting Danger Tensions on the Korean peninsula have reached a new level of intensity. North Korea’s foreign ministry issued a statement Feb. 17 in anticipation of another round of US-South Korean military exercises, warning that these “preparations for an aggressive war . . . will face […]
- Reckless Capitalist Banks Rescued by Government Socialism – Again!by Ralph Nader
Once again, government socialism – ultimately backed by taxpayers – is saving reckless midsized banks and their depositors. Silicon Valley Bank (S.V.B) and Signature Bank in New York greedily mismanaged their risk levels and had to be closed down. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation […]
- In Defense of Montana’s Constitutionby James C. Nelson
The March 15 rally to defend Montana’s Constitution was a total success. This rally, in the Capitol rotunda, was sponsored by more than a dozen diverse organizations, all of whom are dedicated to preserving Montana’s Constitution for “this and future generations” in fulfillment of that […]
- The U.S. and UK’s Submarine Deal Crosses Nuclear Red Lines with Australiaby Prabir Purkayastha
The recent Australia, U.S., and UK $368 billion deal on buying nuclear submarines has been termed by Paul Keating, a former Australian prime minister, as the “worst deal in all history.” It commits Australia to buy conventionally armed, nuclear-powered submarines that will be delivered in the […]
- Video: Workers speak out against war and inequality in NSW election
One worker said: “The average person in China, or in America, or here, doesn’t want a war. I’m glad this party is talking about it. Nobody else is.”
- Pressure grows on another US bank amid controversy over Credit Suisse takeover
The US crisis arises from the fact that many middle-sized banks have invested heavily in what are supposed to be the safest assets of all, Treasury bonds and mortgage-backed securities, which have fallen in value because of the Fed’s interest rate hikes.
- Anti-AUKUS meeting in Sydney: Fake anti-war movement promotes right-wing militarists
The supposedly anti-war meeting was addressed by the American colonel who wrote Colin Powell’s infamous speech justifying the US invasion of Iraq and by Bob Carr, who as foreign minister played a key role in Australia’s integration into the US-led plans for war with China.
- Democrats push reactionary diversion in pending indictment of Trump over sex scandal
While no arraignment date has been set, the Manhattan district attorney appears set to proceed with an indictment in a legally flimsy and politically reactionary case that is a diversion from Trump’s real crimes.
- Twenty years since the US invasion of Iraq
The conquest and occupation of Iraq is one of the greatest crimes of the 21st century.
- Protests sweep France as National Assembly accepts Macron’s pension cuts without a vote
The motion of censure against the government for imposing Macron’s despised cuts without a vote fell 9 votes short of a majority in the Assembly, allowing them to become law.
- Credit Suisse and the power of money
In order to avoid being dragged into the abyss by the country's second-largest bank, the government in Bern pledged Switzerland's fate to the country's largest bank come what may.
- What the SEP was prevented from asking at the anti-AUKUS meeting in Sydney
The organisers promoted right-wing militarists, while suppressing discussion from the floor, including questions from the Socialist Equality Party.
- Learning Little from the Iraq Warby William J. Astore
Reprinted from Bracing Views with the author’s permission. Military invasions don’t produce democracies – who knew? Whether in Afghanistan or Iraq, somehow the U.S. government worked to convince itself and the American people that democracy could be exported at rifle point. Not surprisingly, […]
- Don’t Let The Media Cheerlead Us Into More Wars Like It Did in Iraqby Col. Ann Wright (ret.)
Twenty years ago on this coming weekend, I was in Mongolia as the Deputy US Ambassador. After writing a Dissent Cable in early March 2003 on the pending US war on Iraq to my boss Secretary of State Colin Powell, I made the decision to resign from the US government as it was poised to … Continue […]
- Fight for fishing facilities at affordable prices! Reject communal provocations that divide Sri Lankan and Indian fishermen!
To fight for our rights, we must build action committees of fishing workers, independently of all capitalist parties and the fishermen’s associations.
- Venezuela’s Oil Minister Resigns Amid New Anti-Corruption Investigationby orinocotribune
Venezuelan Oil Minister Tareck El Aissami reported that he submitted his resignation “in order to
- Venezuela’s Public Ministry Appoints Prosecutors for New Corruption Investigation, Deputy Hugbel Roa Arrestedby orinocotribune
Venezuelan Attorney General Tarek William Saab reported that the Public Ministry appointed prosecutors 50, 67,
- Police protect Nazi march in Australia
The blatant fascist display, assisted by the police, in the centre of the country’s second most populous city, is a shocking political warning.
- Detroit public schools begin cutting educator jobs, services and summer programs, as Covid funding runs out
As one-time federal COVID funds are depleted, Detroit like school districts nationally are facing dire budget cuts.
- Striking LAUSD teacher: “All the issues we were fighting for in our 2019 strike are the same now”
The World Socialist Web Site interviewed Chelsea, an adult education teacher in Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) with over 20 years experience, on the eve of the citywide schools strike this week,
- The way forward for the strike by 65,000 Los Angeles school workers
Having launched a three-day strike, LA educators now confront the need to mobilize ourselves independently in order to expand our struggle and appeal for the widest possible unity and support from workers throughout the city and the world.
- Twentieth Anniversary Of The Invasion Of Iraq: Witness To The Horrors Of Warby Margaret Flowers, Clearing the FOG.
The twentieth anniversary of the US/NATO invasion and occupation of Iraq was March 19th. The day before that, thousands of people in the United States rallied and marched against the current wars/occupations and funding for militarism instead of people's needs. Clearing the FOG spoke to Kathy […]
- Primary Series and Boosters — No Impact on Maternal COVID-19 Test Positivityby Dr. Peter McCullough
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post Primary Series and […]
- Trade unions support Ford Valencia scheme to lay off 1,144 workers
Ford Spain has announced a savage redundancy scheme to lay off 1,144 workers, or 20 percent of its workforce, at its plant in Almussafes, Valencia. Just hours after the announcement, the trade unions signed up their readiness to work with management to impose these attacks in the space of three […]
- The UAE Welcomes Syrian President Assad and the First Ladyby Steven Sahiounie
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post The UAE Welcomes […]
- Three Years to Slow the Spread: COVID Hysteria and the Creation of a Never-ending Crisisby Jordan Schachtel
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name. To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to … The post Three Years to Slow […]
- Amazon announces 9,000 more job cuts as tech industry jobs massacre builds
So far in 2023, tech companies, including giant players such as Meta, Google and Microsoft, have laid off nearly 140,000 employees.
- Colonialism Created Food Insecurity in Haitiby Orinoco Tribune 2
By Victoria Koski-Karell and Elio Dortilus – Mar 12, 2023 Now Climate Change Compounds It.
- Workers Struggles: The Americas
Professors at Laval University are in the second week of a strike over pay and other contract issues while negotiations drag on as four Argentine banking business chambers continue to resist workers demands.
- The Lord Of Chaosby Chris Hedges, Scheer Post.
Two decades ago, I sabotaged my career at The New York Times. It was a conscious choice. I had spent seven years in the Middle East, four of them as the Middle East Bureau Chief. I was an Arabic speaker. I believed, like nearly all Arabists, including most of those in the State Department and the […]
- TLAV Fundraiserby Unlimited Hangout
- Iraq 20 Years: Disarmament, The Fundamental Lieby Scott Ritter, Consortium News.
The Establishment has still not reckoned with the essential lie behind the invasion of Iraq that began 20 years ago today, March 19, 2003. As an example, a New York Times Magazine’s puff piece in July 2020, purportedly to come clean on Iraq, instead soft-peddles former Secretary of State Colin […]
- Bailout Of Silicon Valley And Banks Is $300 Billion Gift To Rich Oligarchsby Ben Norton, Geopolitical Economy.
The US government printed $300 billion in a week to save collapsing banks and bail out Silicon Valley oligarchs and venture capital firms, paying them all of their uninsured deposits. Meanwhile, some of the very same Silicon Valley tycoons who benefited from this bailout have tried to cynically […]
- For Second Time, US Seeks To Sabotage a Russo-Ukraine Negotiated Peaceby Walt Zlotow
As Ukraine sinks into collapse from Russia’s invasion the US provoked, the death and destruction has made no dent on Uncle Sam’s inhumane conscience. A year ago when NATO member Turkey neared a 15 point negotiated settlement, the US and UK each sent a top official to Kyiv not to request, but […]
- My Father the Guest Worker, I, Your Mother and Oyoyo: Three documentaries about immigrants in former East and West Germany
Several older films featured at this year’s Berlinale film provided real insight into the plight of immigrants in the 1970s and 1980s.
- Police raid German real estate giant Vonovia
The company is being investigated by the public prosecutor’s office and state criminal office on suspicion of bribery and corruption, breach of trust and fraud.
- US Says More Drones as a Fed-Up World Shakes Its Headby Orinoco Tribune 2
By Daniel Patrick Welch – Mar 16, 2023 The US is completely unashamed by the
- Title VI Complaint Filed Against George Washington Universityby Jessica Buxbaum, Mintpress News.
Last month, a Palestinian rights group filed a federal complaint against George Washington University (GW), alleging the institution allows discrimination against Palestinians to persist unabated on campus. Palestine Legal filed a federal complaint with the United States Department of Education’s […]
- CUNY Administration Cracks Down On Student And Worker-Run Food Pantryby Olivia Wood, Left Voice.
Three years ago this month, the City University of New York (CUNY) pivoted to remote operations during the first wave of the coronavirus pandemic. When the university began to gradually reopen in-person operations after vaccines were widely available, dining services on many campuses — which […]
- China, Cambodia Hold First-Ever Joint Naval Drillsby Dave DeCamp
China and Cambodia have launched their first-ever joint naval drills as the two Asian nations continue to forge stronger ties despite objections from Washington. The drills, named China-Cambodia Golden Dragon 2023, began on March 20 and will be held through April 8. About 3,000 military personnel […]
- México-Tesla Agreement: Mutually Beneficial Or One-sided?by Rubén Sierra, Council on Hemispheric Affairs.
On March 1, 2023, México’s President Andres Lopéz Obrador confirmed an agreement with Tesla that allows the electric vehicle company to build the “biggest electric vehicle plant in the world.” The plant, or maquiladora, will be located in the border state of Nuevo León within the […]
- ‘Tiny Ripples Of Change’: An Interview With Tara Houskaby Susan Maas, Progressive.org.
Minnesota - Through her kitchen window, just outside of Ranier, Minnesota—a tiny town east of International Falls—water protector Tara Houska gazes out at Rainy Lake. Called Gojijiing in Ojibwe, the 360-square-mile lake straddles the border between Minnesota and Ontario, Canada. Among the many […]
- Indigenous Group Fighting Emissions Cap Supported By Oil Companyby Geoff Dembicki, DeSmog.
A national Indigenous group is fighting a proposed federal limit on oil and gas sector emissions by arguing it will harm First Nations, Métis and Inuit communities. But the group has a powerful non-Indigenous ally, according to corporate documents from Canada’s second-largest oil and gas […]
- Taiwan’s Military Shelves Law That Would Criminalize Spreading Rumorsby Dave DeCamp
Taiwan’s military has agreed to temporarily put on hold controversial proposed amendments to a law that would criminalize the spread of rumors during times of war, The South China Morning Post reported Monday. The changes the Taiwanese Defense Ministry has proposed to the All-out Defense […]
- African protests met with savage repression
Regimes in four geopolitical and economic nodal points of the continent, with a combined population of 343 million, have launched mass arrests, teargassed protestors, arrested major opposition leaders, and killed at least two protestors.
- Peru Dictatorship Denies Castillo Right to Phone Calls by Ollie Vargas
Pedro Castillo is being denied his right to a phone call by Peru’s dictatorship, led by Dina Boluarte. Since the The post Peru Dictatorship Denies Castillo Right to Phone Calls appeared first on Kawsachun News.
- UK Home Secretary Braverman pushes forward policy of mass deportations of asylum seekers
The Rwanda deportation policy is now widened to affect almost any migrant entering Britain, with the Home Office announcing a “memorandum of understanding, expanding the partnership further to all categories of people who pass through safe countries and make illegal and dangerous journeys to the […]
- Warring Sides in Yemen Agree on Prisoner Swap to Release Over 800 Detaineesby Dave DeCamp
The Houthis and the Saudi-backed Yemeni government have agreed on a major prisoner swap that will release over 800 detainees after the two sides held 10 days of talks in Geneva, Switzerland. The Houthis said they agreed to release 181 prisoners, including 15 Saudis and three Sudanese. In exchange, […]
- Vladimir Sharpens the Cleaver; Volodymyr Fattens the Calfby William Walter Kay
NATO prophesied a Second Russian Offensive (SRO) on the muddy heals of rasputitsa. Then when queried, on February 13, about upcoming festivities, Secretary-General Stoltenberg imparted: "we are seeing the start already." The SRO crept imperceptibly. April Fools’ came early. The Russo-Ukrainian […]
- Brian Berletic: Xi and Putin Meet in Moscow and the US is VERY WORRIEDby Brian Berletic
Brian Berletic came on to discuss China’s rising diplomatic strength worldwide as Xi and Putin meet in The post Brian Berletic: Xi and Putin Meet in Moscow and the US is VERY WORRIED appeared first on TheAltWorld.
- Foreign Fighters and the Ukraine Blowback — Lessons from Syria and Iraqby BreakThrough News
Whatever happened to Ukraine’s foreign fighters? What are the parallels between Syria and Ukraine? And where does the Cold War against China fit into it? To discuss this and more, Rania Khalek was joined by investigative journalist Seth Harp, a contributing editor for Rolling Stone and author of […]
- Nazi Roots of EU’s Führer Ursula von der Leyenby A A
Ursula von der Leyen, the European Commission president, has some disturbing skeletons in her family wardrobe. Her political roots in Nazi Germany account for the insane war-driven agenda of the European Union toward Russia under her stewardship and her total subservience to the U.S. imperialist […]
- Report: US Provided Unprecedented Intelligence to India During Border Clash With Chinese Troops in 2022by Dave DeCamp
The US provided India with unprecedented intelligence-sharing during a clash between Indian and Chinese troops in December 2022 along the disputed border high in the Himalayas, known as the Line of Actual Control, US News reported on Monday. The report cited current and former US officials who said […]
- Rock Legend Roger Waters to Sue Frankfurt, Munich over Canceled Concertsby admin
Pink Floyd rock legend Roger Waters has announced his intention to take legal action against the German municipalities of Frankfurt and Munich for canceling his scheduled concerts, based on the claim that the English rockstar [...] The post Rock Legend Roger Waters to Sue Frankfurt, Munich over […]
- Multipolarity was triggered by the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraqby A A
Twenty years after the unlawful and destabilizing US-led invasion of Iraq, Washington must face the ultimate consequence of that war: UNSC powers China and Russia laying the foundation for a genuine, UN Charter-based system of multipolarism.
- The Lord of Chaosby A A
The pimps of war, leaping from fiasco to fiasco, cling to the chimera of U.S. global supremacy. The dance macabre will not stop until we publicly hold them accountable for their crimes, ask those we have wronged for forgiveness and give up our lust for uncontested global power.
- Securing US global primacy: how the US prepares for war on Chinaby Friends of Socialist China
In this detailed essay, British author and peace campaigner Jenny Clegg provides a comprehensive overview of the US drive to war against China. Jenny describes the attempts being made to construct a Global NATO, leveraging AUKUS, the remilitarisation of Japan, the undermining of the One China […]
- My Testimony Before the Maine State Senateby Scott Horton
In support of Ld 1054, Defend the Guard legislation: Thank you all so much for the opportunity to testify before your committee today. Today is the 20th anniversary of the beginning of Iraq War II. The consensus now is that we should not have done it. Iraq was not manufacturing unconventional […]
- The UAE Welcomes Syrian President Assad and the First Ladyby A A
It is now up to the Arab world, not the western “international community”, to save the Syrian people, Steven Sahiounie writes.
- Former UN Weapons Inspector Reports that U.S. Drone Forced Down in Black Sea Was Gathering Intelligence for Ukrainian Forcesby Jeremy Kuzmarov
In a “2-minute topic” posted on Twitter, former UN weapons inspector Scott Ritter reported that the U.S. MQ-9 drone that was forced down into the Black Sea on March 14 was not innocently transiting international airspace when it was intercepted by two Russian Su-27 fighters. Rather, it was on […]
- Putin Tells Xi He Will Discuss China’s Peace Proposal for Ukraineby Dave DeCamp
Russian President Vladimir Putin welcomed Chinese President Xi Jinping in Moscow on Monday and said they would discuss a 12-point peace proposal for the Ukraine war that Beijing has put forward. “We have thoroughly studied your proposals for resolving the acute crisis in Ukraine,” Putin told […]
- US Announces $350 Million Weapons Package for Ukraineby Dave DeCamp
The US on Monday announced a new $350 million arms package for Ukraine that includes ammunition for the HIMARS rocket launchers, artillery rounds, and High-speed Anti-radiation missiles (HARMs). The arms are being sent to Ukraine via the Presidential Drawdown Authority, which allows President Biden […]
- Iraq War 20 Years: Ray McGovern—The Uses and Abuses of National Intelligence Estimatesby Editor
The case to invade Iraq on March 19, 2003 was based on an NIE that was prepared not to determine the truth, but rather to “justify” preemptive war, when there was nothing to preempt. The post Iraq War 20 Years: Ray McGovern—The Uses and Abuses of National Intelligence Estimates appeared first […]
- Former Taiwanese President to Make Historic Visit to Mainland Chinaby Dave DeCamp
Former Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou will lead a delegation to mainland China next week in an effort to improve cross-strait relations as tensions are soaring in the region. The trip will be historic as no Taiwanese president, whether former or sitting, has visited China since Chiang Kai-shek […]
- Washington Imposes Economic Sanctions on Black Community Projects Inside the USby Orinoco Tribune 2
In March 2023, Regions Bank notified the black nonprofit African People’s Education and Defense Fund
- Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin articles in leading Russian and Chinese mediaby Friends of Socialist China
Chinese President Xi Jinping began a state visit to Russia on March 20. This is his first overseas trip of 2023 and comes just after his re-election to serve as head of state for a third term. Xi also made his first international visit as China’s president to Russia back in 2013. Just prior to […]
- Mainstream Media is Still Anti-Palestinian: News Coverage Surrounding Electoral Victory of Sarah Jamaby admin
Last week, Sarah Jama won the seat for her Canadian provincial riding, as a member of the New Democratic Party (NDP). Leading up to her victory, however, the mainstream news coverage of her was both [...] The post Mainstream Media is Still Anti-Palestinian: News Coverage Surrounding Electoral […]
- The Trouble With AUKUSby Daniel Larison
The AUKUS deal for nuclear-powered submarines has come under a lot of fire in Australia this week: Ex-Australian Prime Minister Paul Keating condemned the center-left Labor government’s deal with the US and UK to obtain nuclear submarines, saying the nation’s military sovereignty was being […]
- Israeli Minister Smotrich Says Palestinian People are ‘An Invention’ (VIDEO)by admin
Far-right Israeli Minister Bezalel Smotrich said Sunday that the Palestinian people are “an invention” from the last century, Israeli media reported. Speaking at a private memorial service for prominent Likud activist member Jacques Kupfer, Smotrich [...] The post Israeli Minister Smotrich Says […]
- Interview 1792 - James Corbett Redpills the Croatians on CBDCby Corbett
[iframe src="https://rumble.com/embed/v2b2b5e/?pub=4/" width="90%" height="320" allow="fullscreen"] In this edition of the Redpill series, James Corbett talks to Andrija Klarić of the Slobodni podcast about CBDCs. As Croatians enter the Brave New Monetary World of the globalists by joining the […]
- ‘Mexico Is Not a US Colony’: AMLO Speaks at a Packed Rally Celebrating Oil Nationalizationby orinocotribune
Thousands of people gathered this Saturday afternoon, packing the streets of the Plaza de la
- Palestinian Teachers Continue Strike in Spite of PA Government Threatsby admin
Palestinian teachers reiterated on Sunday that they will not give in to Palestinian Authority government threats to end their strike and insisted on escalating their protests, Quds Press reported. The Teachers’ Movement stressed it did [...] The post Palestinian Teachers Continue Strike in Spite […]
- Bolivia: Electric Powerhouse of Latin Americaby Ollie Vargas
By Ollie Vargas For the first time in Bolivia’s history, the country is now an exporter of electricity. As Europe The post Bolivia: Electric Powerhouse of Latin America appeared first on Kawsachun News.
- The Rise of Tyranny in the United Statesby Paul Craig Roberts
In every country of the Western world freedom and civil liberty are being destroyed by governments, none The post The Rise of Tyranny in the United States appeared first on TheAltWorld.
- US Media’s Iraq War Pushers 20 Years On: Where Are They Now? Rich and Influentialby Editor
It’s not just that media figures who sold the most devastating war crime of the 21st century never faced any professional consequences—they’re more powerful and influential now than ever. The post US Media’s Iraq War Pushers 20 Years On: Where Are They Now? Rich and Influential appeared […]
- Conflicts of Interest: China Brokers Middle East Truceby Conflicts of Interest
On COI #395, Kyle Anzalone breaks down the latest news from the Middle East, China and Ukraine. Subscribe on YouTube and audio-only. The post <I>Conflicts of Interest</I>: China Brokers Middle East Truce appeared first on Antiwar.com Blog.
- Israeli Government to Go ahead with Judicial Overhaul amid Protestsby admin
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed to proceed with the judicial law that has submerged his government in a new crisis, The New Arab reported. In a statement on Monday, Netanyahu appeared to accept [...] The post Israeli Government to Go ahead with Judicial Overhaul amid Protests […]
- Iraq 20 Years: Scott Ritter—Disarmament, the Fundamental Lieby Editor
Regime change, not disarmament, was always the driving factor behind U.S. policy towards Saddam Hussein’s Iraq. The post Iraq 20 Years: Scott Ritter—Disarmament, the Fundamental Lie appeared first on scheerpost.com.
- On Missing Dr. Strangeloveby Editor
Or How Americans Learned to Stop Worrying and Forgot the Bomb. The post On Missing Dr. Strangelove appeared first on scheerpost.com.
- Empire-Funded Think Tanks Are Not Valid Sources: Notes From The Edge Of The Narrative Matrixby Caitlin Johnstone
Listen to a reading of this article: ATTENTION JOURNALISTS: It is never, ever acceptable, under any circumstances, The post Empire-Funded Think Tanks Are Not Valid Sources: Notes From The Edge Of The Narrative Matrix appeared first on TheAltWorld.
- President Maduro: Venezuela Produces 95% of Products Distributed in CLAP Programby scorinoco
On Friday, March 17, during an event celebrating the seventh anniversary of the founding of
- Report: Israel to Continue West Bank Raids despite Sharm El-Sheikh Summitby admin
Israel will continue its raids in the occupied West Bank despite participation in a summit on Sunday with Palestinian officials, regional powers, and the United States, Israeli media reported. Israel’s Channel 12 broadcaster on Saturday [...] The post Report: Israel to Continue West Bank Raids […]
- French police step up crackdown on protests vs Macron’s imposition of pension cuts
The unions and pseudo-left parties are desperately trying to prevent the growth of protests and strikes by promoting illusions that parliament will vote no confidence in the government.
- Twenty years on from the war of liesby Abdel Bari Atwan
Twenty years after the Iraq invasion $880bn was stolen and there’s no water or electricity and kids The post Twenty years on from the war of lies appeared first on TheAltWorld.
- Raisi to Riyadhby Abdel Bari Atwan
The Iranian-Saudi reconciliation is proceeding apace — but the US could still try to sink it The The post Raisi to Riyadh appeared first on TheAltWorld.
- Britain’s secret betrayal and repatriation of Chinese sailors after WWIIby Friends of Socialist China
In this documentary, The Secret Betrayal, presented by Jamie Owen, CGTN exposes the racist deportation of thousands of Chinese seamen from Liverpool by the post-war British Labour government and movingly highlights the continuing and tenacious campaign for truth and justice being waged by their […]
- Why China’s Actions Toward Ukraine and Russia Could Shape the Course of Future Geopoliticsby John P. Ruehl
Days before the one-year anniversary of the Russian invasion of Ukraine on February 24, 2023, U.S. officialsclaimed that China was considering providing Russia with lethal weaponry to support its military campaign. China denied the accusations, and on the anniversary of the invasion instead put […]
- Missing Dr. Strangeloveby Andrew Bacevich
Ukraine has become the locus of a conflict that, willy-nilly, pits Russia against the West — which means against the United States. How far can Washington push Putin before he tries to retaliate in some fashion against his primary adversary? Does President Biden even recognize the urgency of that […]
- International Criminal Court: Sauce for the Goose …by Thomas Knapp
“Well, I think it’s justified,” US president Joe Biden said of news that the International Criminal Court has issued arrest warrants for Russian president Vladimir Putin and “children’s rights commissioner” Maria Alekseyevna Lvova-Belova over their actions in Ukraine. “[The ICC’s […]
- The Next Bomb to Go Off in the Banking Crisis Will Be Derivativesby Pam Martens - Russ Martens
U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen finds herself in a very dubious position. Under the Dodd-Frank financial reform legislation of 2010, the U.S. Treasury Secretary was given increased powers to oversee financial stability in the U.S. banking system. This increase in power came in response to the […]
- Spent Matters: The AUKUS Nuclear Waste Problemby Binoy Kampmark
When Australia – vassal be thy name – assumed responsibilities for not only throwing money at both US and British shipbuilders, lending up territory and naval facilities for war like a gambling drunk, and essentially asking its officials to commit seppuku for the Imperium, another task was […]
- What’s to be Done With Lawyers?by M. G. Piety
Wow, “Former High-Profile Lawyer Is Charged With Embezzling More than $18 Million”! Who would have predicted a high-profile lawyer would behave so unethically? Turns out pretty much anyone, according to opinion polls that consistently rank lawyers near the bottom among professionals. A recent […]
- How Can Inflation be Out of Control with 3.6 Percent Wage Growth?by Dean Baker
We have been getting conflicting data on inflation in recent days. The February consumer price index was not great, showing a one-month rise of 0.4 percent in the overall index and 0.5 percent in the core. Combined with the last couple of months’ data, it indicates a modest acceleration over the […]
- Free Trade or Just Green Trade?by John Feffer
The global economy hit a new milestone in 2022 by surpassing $100 trillion. This expansion, which has experienced only the occasional setback such as the 2020 COVID shutdowns, has been accelerated by trade. The world trade volume experienced 4,300 percent growth from 1950 to 2021, an average 4 […]
- Rethinking ‘Back to Normal’ in the Pandemicineby Frann Michel
I really, really want Left organizations to rethink “back to normal” in the pandemicine. I can’t tell you how demoralizing it is to see announcements of meetings or other events that I might want to go to, but for which I see no information about Covid precautions. Is it virtual? or […]
- Artificial Intelligence: Friend or Foe?by Michael Albert – Arash Kolahi
In a hypothetical race to claim the mantle of biggest threat to humanity, nuclear war, ecological catastrophe, rising authoritarianism, and new pandemics are still well in front of the pack. But, look there, way back but coming on fast. Is that AI? Is it a friend rushing forward to help us, or […]
- Credit Suisse taken over amid fears of financial meltdown
Announcing the decision, Swiss president Alain Berset warned that an “uncontrollable collapse of Credit Suisse would lead to incalculable consequences for the country and the international financial system.”
- In the 70s the USAF and RAF Were Both Tired, But RAF Pilots Were Better Offby Roger Thompson
The 1970s were a disastrous decade for the USAF. Having failed to defeat North Vietnam, there were serious issues that persisted. In his 2022 book And I Lived To Tell The Tales: The Life of a Fighter Pilot, retired USAF Lieutenant Colonel Ed Cobleigh, who flew the F-4 in Vietnam, said: “By the […]
- Alliance for the Wild Rockies Scores Court Win for Grizzly Bearsby Mike Garrity
Of all remaining “unoccupied” grizzly bear habitat in the lower 48 States, the enormous Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness has the best potential for grizzly bear recovery. The Alliance for the Wild Rockies is thrilled and grateful to announce that a federal court in Montana recently ruled in our […]
- The class struggle against Macron and the lessons of the Paris Commune
Macron’s decision to impose pension cuts on the French people without a vote has torn the democratic mask off the capitalist state, exposing it as instrument of class rule.
- Workers object to Australian SEP candidate being barred from speaking to flood victims
Flood victims and WSWS readers denounce the ban on the Socialist Equality Party holding discussions with residents of government “pod” accommodation.
- Economic devastation worsens as Sri Lankan government imposes IMF austerity
Wickremesinghe says the country will have to repay an average $7 billion in foreign loan debts annually until 2029, making clear that the regime functions as a direct agent of global finance capital.
- Staffing crisis and declining wages after sellout of New Zealand rail workers
The WSWS spoke with a worker about conditions on commuter trains in the capital city, where COVID-19 is out of control and the Rail and Maritime Transport Union recently imposed significant wage cuts.
- Iraq War II 20 Years Laterby Scott Horton
Well it seems like only yesterday, though it was half a lifetime ago. George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and their men and women, especially the neoconservatives, knowingly and deliberately lied this country into starting an aggressive war against Iraq – a war they pretended was a “preemptive” […]
- 20 Years After the Invasion of Iraq, Will the Media’s Complicity Be Flushed Down the Memory Hole?by Jeremy Earp
"All wars are fought twice, the first time on the battlefield, the second time in memory." — Viet Thanh Nguyen As mainstream U.S. media outlets pause to remember the US invasion of Iraq, it’s clear that there’s a lot they hope we’ll forget – first and foremost, the media’s own active […]
- Iraq 20 Years: The Uses and Abuses of National Intelligence Estimatesby Ray McGovern
A New York Times Magazine article in July 2020 focused on then Secretary of State Powell and his U.N. speech of Feb. 5, 2003 and the National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) upon which it is largely based. A lot of the detail in the article may have been new to many readers, but not to Veteran … […]
- The Minsk Deception and the Planned War in Donbasby Ted Snider
There is a historically possible world in which the Minsk Agreement never needed to be made. In 2014, a US supported coup removed the democratically elected Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, with his eastern base, and replaced him with a West leaning president who was handpicked by the US. […]
- Chris Hedges: The Lord of Chaosby Editor
The politicians and shills in the media who orchestrated 20 years of military debacles in the Middle East, and who seek a world dominated by U.S. power, must be held accountable for their crimes. The post Chris Hedges: The Lord of Chaos appeared first on scheerpost.com.
- Iraq Daily Roundup: Seven Killedby Margaret Griffis
Five more were wounded. The post <I>Iraq Daily Roundup</I>: Seven Killed appeared first on Antiwar.com Original.
- UAW election crisis continues after Curry acknowledges “rampant disenfranchisement”
Despite its self-serving character, the ill-fated protest by the incumbent UAW president confirms everything Will Lehman said about the UAW election farce.
- Kroger-Albertsons grocery chain merger in US threatens job cuts as Wall Street eyes payday
The $25 billion sale of Albertsons is driven by the financial interests of Cerberus Capital Management, a major investor firm hoping to cash in on a sale that will threaten thousands of jobs.
- Tyson announces plant closures in Arkansas and Virginia, impacting nearly 1,700 workers
The company’s announcement follows its report of a record drop in profits for the fourth quarter of last year.
- GM Lansing workers launch the GM Lansing Workers Rank-and-File Committee
Workers at General Motors plants in Lansing, Michigan have launched a rank-and-file committee ahead of the 2023 contract expiration.
- Newfound DNA data indicates wild animals at Wuhan market were infected with SARS-Cov-2
The data, uncovered by a French researcher and evolutionary biologist, is a major blow to the “lab leak” conspiracy theory of the origins of COVID-19.
- Musicians, actors, artists sign petition demanding Roger Waters be allowed to perform in Frankfurt
The campaign defends Waters’ criticism of Israel’s treatment of Palestinians as “part of his long-term advocacy on behalf of human rights across the globe.”
- Updated report shows poverty in Germany is higher than previously thought
The updated report shows that due to the coronavirus pandemic and inflation, poverty in Germany in 2021 afflicted almost 17 percent of the population, or just over 14 million people.
- Drastic closures and job cuts at Germany’s biggest department store chain
Workers at the company confront a conspiracy in which the Verdi union works closely with management, insolvency administrators, politicians and real estate speculator René Benko.
- Dissent Into Madness: Crazy Conspiracy Theoristsby Corbett
This week I will explore how the public has been trained to accept the pathologization of those peskiest of dissenters, the conspiracy realists. I will also explain how the trigger has already been pulled on this psychiatric weapon and how it is impacting those who dare question the motives of our […]
- Los Angeles County report confirms that deputy gangs are rampant in Sheriff’s Department
According to a recent County Commission report, violent deputy gangs remain rampant in the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department
- Killing prompts call for federal investigation of Paterson, New Jersey, police department
Residents of the state’s third-largest city widely hate the police, who are notorious for their violence and corruption.
- This week in history: March 20-26
This column profiles important historical events which took place during this week, 25 years ago, 50 years ago, 75 years ago and 100 years ago.
- IPU 146 Held in a State with a Sterile Parliament & Former Prominent MPs Behind Barsby Sondoss Al Asaad
As IPU 146 is held, the host country continues to impose restrictions on expression, association, and assembly The post IPU 146 Held in a State with a Sterile Parliament & Former Prominent MPs Behind Bars appeared first on TheAltWorld.
- In the War Between Judaism and Democracy in Israel, Anything Is Possibleby Alastair Crooke
Bibi is by nature cautious – even timid. His radical ministers, however, are not, Alastair Crooke writes. The post In the War Between Judaism and Democracy in Israel, Anything Is Possible appeared first on TheAltWorld.
- Kenyan government threatens crackdown against cost-of-living demonstration, as protests erupt across Africa
Across Africa, mass protests are being held in South Africa, Nigeria, Tunisia, and Senegal, as well as Kenya.
- Iran’s President Welcomes Invite From Saudi King After Normalization Dealby Dave DeCamp
Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi has welcomed an invitation from Saudi King Salman to visit Riyadh following a China-brokered normalization deal between the two countries. Mohammad Jamshidi, the Iranian president’s deputy chief of staff for political affairs, wrote on Twitter that Salman wrote a […]
- Serbia, Kosovo Leaders Discuss EU Plan on Normalizing Tiesby Dave DeCamp
The leaders of Serbia and Kosovo met in North Macedonia on Saturday to discuss a deal put forward by the EU to improve ties between Belgrade and Pristina. Kosovo formally declared its independence from Serbia in 2008, almost ten years after the 1999 NATO bombing campaign that separated the […]
- Attack on Antiwar Activists Exemplifies Russophobia Among “Leftist” Apologists for Western Imperialism and a Fascist-Loving Regimeby Charles Pierce
CounterPunch podcaster Eric Draitser has published a hit piece attacking veteran anti-war activists Medea Benjamin and Nicolas J. S. Davies in the form of a review of their new book, War in Ukraine: Making Sense of a Senseless War. His review, published on January 27 by an obscure avowedly […]
- Fahrenheit 11/9: Rewatching the Michael Moore Movie From 2018by A A
I rewatched Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 11/9. The 2018 film is mainly a screed about all the bad things Trump was going to do as president. Time is a cold mistress: basically nothing Moore said four years ago about what was going to happen actually happened. Moore was wrong about Trump’s ties […]
- U.S. and Allies Seek Regime-Change in Russiaby A A
The U.S. and its allies are bringing this case as a propaganda-vehicle, but the Court itself, by ‘investigating’ this case that falls outside its jurisdiction, is destroying whatever pitiful international credibility that it had. Any court that ever serves a purely-propaganda function cannot […]
- UK Royal Mail posties contact WSWS to describe brutal conditions and collusion of Communication Workers Union with management
The World Socialist Web Site received further correspondence over the weekend from postal workers around the country. They are speaking out against the crushing increase in workloads facilitated by the collusion of the Communication Workers Union with Royal Mail.
- A Comprehensive Report on Incarceration and Women Outlines the Gender Disparitiesby Editor
The Prison Policy Initiative looks at a fast-growing group in the incarceration system and the challenges they are more likely to face. The post A Comprehensive Report on Incarceration and Women Outlines the Gender Disparities appeared first on scheerpost.com.
- Rough sleeping rises in UK amid tidal wave of homelessness
The homeless charity Shelter described the private sector as like the wild west, with people gazumped and tenants evicted and replaced with higher paying tenants.
- US government bailout of Silicon Valley and banks is $300B gift to rich oligarchsby Ben Norton
The US Federal Reserve printed $300 billion in a week to save collapsing banks and bail out Silicon Valley oligarchs. 93% of Silicon Valley Bank's deposits were uninsured, over the FDIC limit of $250,000, but the government still paid them. 56% of SVB's loans went to venture capitalist and private […]
- Al-Quds Brigades Leader Assassinated by Israeli Mossad in Syriaby admin
The Al-Quds Brigades, the military arm of the Islamic Jihad movement, announced in a statement that one of its leaders in Syria has been assassinated by the Israel Mossad. The Brigades said that Ali Ramzy [...] The post Al-Quds Brigades Leader Assassinated by Israeli Mossad in Syria appeared […]
- In the War Between Judaism and Democracy in Israel, Anything Is Possibleby A A
Bibi is by nature cautious – even timid. His radical ministers, however, are not, Alastair Crooke writes.
- Taiwan Separatists Lose Key Ally, Honduras Recognizes China—Just 12 Small Countries Remainby Editor
Honduras’ leftist President Xiomara Castro announced her government will recognize China. Now only 12 UN member states have formal diplomatic relations with Taiwan separatists. They have a combined population of less than 39 million, or 0.49% of the planet. The post Taiwan Separatists Lose Key […]
- Israel Protests Should Not Be Confused With the Palestinian Struggle for Equalityby Editor
Ramzy Baroud sheds light on the ongoing protests in Israel and their limited impact on the country’s inherently racist institutions and ongoing military occupation and apartheid in Palestine. The post Israel Protests Should Not Be Confused With the Palestinian Struggle for Equality appeared first […]
- Israeli Forces Close Nablus-Area Checkpoints following Alleged Shooting Attackby admin
Israeli occupation forces closed a number of military checkpoints near the occupied West Bank city of Nablus on Sunday, the official Palestinian news agency WAFA reported. WAFA correspondent said that the Israeli forces closed the [...] The post Israeli Forces Close Nablus-Area Checkpoints […]
- War Made Easy: Will US Media Finally Admit Its Craven Complicity in Iraq War?by Editor
The clip from the 2007 documentary "War Made Easy" displays the media's attempt at manufacturing consent for the 2003 invasion of Iraq. The post War Made Easy: Will US Media Finally Admit Its Craven Complicity in Iraq War? appeared first on scheerpost.com.
- 20 Years On, US Still Waging Perpetual War Worldwideby Walt Zlotow
Twenty years ago, March 19, 2003, the US launched likely the most vicious criminal war in its long history of senseless warfare and regime change. America attacked Iraq, not just with no evidence supporting invasion, but manufactured lies. Hundreds of thousands were killed based on those lies. The […]
- Iraq War Costs Could Hit Nearly $3 Trillion by 2050: Reportby Brett Wilkins
The Costs of War Project said the U.S.-led invasion and occupation “caused massive death, destruction, and political instability,” killing hundreds of thousands of people while displacing millions more. by Brett Wilkins As the 20th anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion and occupation of Iraq […]
- Ecocide and Ecosideby Julie Wark
Tribal fishing site along the Columbia River at The Dalles Dam. Photo: Jeffrey St. Clair. Ecocide doesn’t mean killing a home here or a home there. It’s a crime of gigantic proportions and much worse than genocide, which is confined to humans, a crime with consequences for all living and […]
- The Last Child of My Laiby Jeffrey St. Clair
Two Vietnamese boys, Truong Bon and Truong Nam, on the road to My Lai 4 moments before they were shot and killed. Photo: Ron Haeberle (Library of Congress). Around 11:30 on March 16, 1968, Captain Ernest Medina ordered a ceasefire of US troops under his command in the south Vietnamese village of […]
- FLASHBACK: G20 Rules Make Bank Bail-ins a Reality (2015)by Corbett
FROM 2015: Last month’s G20 Summit in Australia came and went without the protests and riots we’ve come to expect at the summit in recent years. But as author and researcher Ellen Brown notes, the real fireworks happened behind closed doors, where the group rubber stamped new regulations that […]