The Indonesian Foreign Affairs Ministry’s Statement on the referendum in former Ukrainian territories proves that Indonesian foreign policy is neither independent nor active as it boasted because it was influenced heavily by pro-Western officials linked to Western organisations. Indonesian governmentRead More →
- Tensions Between the Philippines & China as Satellite Image Shows Barrier Near Scarborough Shoal
Recent satellite images of the Scarborough Shoal in the South China Sea appear to show a floating barrier across its entrance.
- House Speaker Johnson Faces Tough Choice as Shutdown Fears Mount - Report
Last week, US Republican Party lawmakers in the House of Representatives said they expected a federal government shutdown in the absence of a decision on further funding.
- Opposing genocide in Gaza, US Air Force soldier live-streams self-immolation in front of Israeli embassy
As 25-year-old Aaron Bushnell succumbed to the flames, he repeatedly shouted, “Free Palestine!”
- Paris war summit prepares for direct deployment of NATO troops to Ukraine
Facing the imminent collapse of NATO’s Ukrainian proxy forces amid massive losses, the Paris summit was called to lay the groundwork for the introduction of troops from NATO and EU member countries to fight Russia in Ukraine.
- The Netherlands Pledges Over $100Mln to Provide Ukraine With Artillery Shells
MOSCOW (Sputnik) - The Netherlands will allocate more than 100 million euros ($108.5 million) to the Czech initiative to purchase artillery shells for Ukraine, Prime Minister Mark Rutte said on Tuesday.
- Consumer Spending Habits Are Helping to Ease Inflation in the US - Report
A consumer slowdown was first predicted in May of last year, but it appears that now—after price gouging consumers—companies are prepared to listen and respond.
- ‘Emergent’ AI Behavior and Human Destinyby Michael Klare
Reprinted from TomDispatch: Make no mistake, artificial Intelligence (AI) has already gone into battle in a big-time way. The Israeli military is using it in Gaza on a scale previously unknown in wartime. They’ve reportedly been employing an AI target-selection platform called (all too unnervingly) “the Gospel” to choose many of their bombing sites. According … Continue reading […]
- After Two Years, Neocons Desperate for More War in Ukraineby Ron Paul
In a recent CNN interview, the normally very confident US Under Secretary of State Victoria Nuland sounded a little desperate. She was trying to make the case for Congress to pass another $61 billion dollars for the neocons’ proxy war project in Ukraine and she was throwing out the old slogans that the neocons use … Continue reading "After Two Years, Neocons Desperate for More War in […]
- Former Honduran President On Trial; US, Canada Are Complicit In His Crimesby Margaret Flowers, Clearing the FOG.
The former president of Honduras, Juan Orlando Hernandez (JOH), is currently being tried in New York City for narco-trafficking during his presidency. Activists from the United States and Canada have launched a new campaign to raise awareness of both the US and Canadian governments' complicity in the crimes committed by the JOH administration. Clearing the FOG speaks with Karen Spring, […]
- Macron Denies Zelensky's Remarks About Negotiations on Supply of Mirage Jets to Ukraine
PARIS (Sputnik) - Paris is not discussing with Kiev the possible supply of French-made Mirage fighter jets, but is studying how useful they could be for Ukraine, French President Emmanuel Macron said on Tuesday.
- US Senate Aide Providing Equipment to Ukraine May Be Foreign Agent - Report
Kyle Parker is known as an anti-Russia hawk on Capitol Hill, having played a key role in legislation subjecting Russian officials to sanctions and travel bans.
- MIT suspends pro-Palestinian group following “emergency action for Rafah” protest
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology has suspended the pro-Palestinian Coalition Against Apartheid after the group conducted an “emergency action for Rafah” on February 12 outside the student center at the prestigious scientific institution.
- Russophobic Elements in US Congress Set to Lose Influence Amidst Moscow's Strength
US backing for Ukraine is proving increasingly unpopular in Congress and among the American electorate, but will Langley bend to the democratic will?
- Hundreds protest, hold vigils across US for non-binary Oklahoma high school student who died after being beaten
Nex Benedict’s family has said they will perform their own independent investigation into the 16-year-old's death.
- Why Would Anyone Kill One’s Self In An Attempt To Stop A War?by Ann Wright, Popular Resistance.
Four years ago in 2018, after returning from a Veterans For Peace trip to Viet Nam, I wrote an article called “Why Would Anyone Kill One’s Self In an Attempt to Stop A War?” Now, four years later, in the past three months, two persons in the United States have taken their own lives in an attempt to change U.S. policies on Palestine and call for a Ceasefire and stop US funding to the State […]
- Stellantis Kokomo workers meet to organize opposition to mass firing of supplementals
In response to the cuts a group supplemental and full-time Stellantis workers have formed the Rank-and-File Committee to Fight Job Cuts.
- Sri Lankan trade unions end protest with more futile appeals to government
The trade union leaderships are desperately attempting to block a unified national movement of the working class to fight the Wickremesinghe government and its IMF austerity measures.
- Flint, Michigan teachers, living in poverty, outraged over school board’s revoking of labor contract
The United Teachers of Flint has not called a strike vote, instead calling for closing schools and selling buildings.
- US Labor Department reports 5,486 workplace fatalities in 2022 as on the job toll continues rise
According to the most recent US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) update there were 5,486 on the job deaths in 2022, a 5.7 percent rise over 2021.
- ‘Western dominance has ended’, EU foreign-policy chief admits, warning of ‘West against the Rest’ geopoliticsby Ben Norton
The European Union's top diplomat, Josep Borrell, admitted that the "era of Western dominance has indeed definitively ended". He warned that the EU must not divide the world into "the West against the Rest", as "many in the 'Global South' accuse us of 'double standards'". The post ‘Western dominance has ended’, EU foreign-policy chief admits, warning of ‘West against the Rest’ geopolitics […]
- Berlin Film Festival: Artists courageously speak out against Israel’s genocide despite right-wing media agitation
In a significant blow to the German political establishment and media the documentary film No Other Land won the Panorama Audience Award at this year’s film festival. A number of film makers made powerful statements against Israel’s genocide.
- Workers Struggles: The Americas
Dockworkers across Argentina were set to strike February 26 as anti-austerity protests, limited in scope and duration by the trade union bureaucracies, continue.
- US Soldier Self-Immolates In Opposition To Israel’s Genocide In Gazaby People's Dispatch.
Aaron Bushnell, an active duty member of the US Air Force, set himself on fire in front of the Israeli embassy in Washington DC on Sunday, February 25 to protest Israel’s ongoing genocide in Gaza and his country’s support to the war. Bushnell live streamed his “extreme act of protest” on Twitch and stated, “I am an active duty member of the US Air Force and I will no longer be complicit […]
- The Logic of Zionism: From Nationalist Myth to the Gaza Genocide
Mehring Books is pleased to announce the publication of a new volume featuring three lectures given by David North in response to the eruption of war in Gaza.
- China Affirms Palestinian People’s Right To Wage Armed Struggleby Friends of Socialist China.
The government of China has made an extremely important statement affirming the right of the Palestinian people to engage in armed struggle for liberation. Speaking on February 22, on the second day of the International Court of Justice (ICJ)’s hearings on ‘The Legal Consequences arising from the Policies and Practices of Israel in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East […]
- ‘Two-State Solution’ As A Distraction; The Problem Is Zionismby Ramzy Baroud, Antiwar.com.
The problem is not the absence of a Palestinian state, but Zionism itself. What is the use of a Palestinian state, if Zionism, as a racist, exclusivist ideology continues to define Israel, and impose that definition on the Palestinians? This ideology calls for racial purity of Jews in Palestine, of course, at the expense of the native inhabitants of the land. To achieve this, millions of […]
- President Of Mexico Fights Back Against New York Times Slanderby Victoria Torres, Orinoco Tribune.
The president of Mexico, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, criticized the US news outlet The New York Times (NYT) and stressed that journalists of NYT and other imperialist media outlets consider themselves “a divine race” that cannot be touched, “not even with a rose petal,” despite the fact that they spread slander with impunity. “You, with all due respect, do partisan journalism, […]
- Australian government’s universities report outlines pro-business and war restructuring
The Labor government’s Universities Accord final report, reveals a further restructuring of universities to satisfy the employment and research demands of the corporate elite and preparations for war.
- Combatting The Housing Crisis With The Crown Heights Tenants Unionby Mel Buer, The Real News Network.
Some 34% of available housing stock in the US is rented by tenants, who number over 114 million people. Among tenants, more than 40% pay over 35% of their monthly income towards rent alone. As wages stagnate and rents rise, the fight against landlords, evictions, and developers becomes more urgent to the class struggle day by day. The Real News speaks with Esteban Girón from the Crown Heights […]
- ‘No Safe Area’: Gaza Crisis Nearing Its Peak as Netanyahu Appears Committed to an Assault on Rafah
It was reported earlier this month that the administration of US President Joe Biden would send another delivery of weapons to Israel—thought to be worth tens of million of dollars—including bombs, Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) guidance kits and bomb fuses.
- J.A. Bayona’s Society of the Snow: An optimistic view of humanity
Bayona’s film argues very firmly that camaraderie and self-sacrifice, and not “every man for himself” individualism, are what prevail in the bleakest conditions.
- The National Fight For Rent Controlby Oksana Mironova, Protean Magazine.
In April 2015, the Pacific Standard (RIP to yet another quality outlet shuttered) published a defense of rent control—with an opening salvo declaring it dead. New York tenant organizers would go on to win small, highly technical improvements to their rent regulation system a little later that year, but in the broad strokes, the Standard’s appraisal at the time wasn’t wrong. Localized […]
- Socialist International Expels Venezuela’s Popular Will Partyby Ana Perdigón
The Socialist International (SI) expelled the far-right Popular Will party (VP) because they “exceeded the
- Washington D.C. Democrats and pseudo-left support draconian, punitive crime bill
As is the case in Democratic Party-run governments at the local and national levels, rather than deal with the root social causes of crime, bourgeois politicians advocate a massive crackdown on the poorest layers of the population and criminalizing poverty.
- Denver City Council Upholds Mayor’s ‘No Freezing Sweeps’ Vetoby Alex Binder, Unicorn Riot.
On the afternoon of February 12, the Denver City Council again voted on the “No Freezing Sweeps” bill in their chambers, but this time the vote was to potentially override Mayor Mike Johnston’s veto of the Council’s passage of the bill. When the roll call took place, each council member voted exactly as they did on January 29 — seven ayes, six nays — yet this time, that vote count […]
- Venezuela Produces 97% of Food it Consumesby orinocotribune
The gradual recovery observed in Venezuela’s economy can be seen in the increase in agricultural
- What was the CIO?by Andrew Elrod, n+1.
After decades of defeat, workers are on the move again. Many of those interested today in a revived labor movement know that unions once exercised real sway over the national economy and politics in the US. And the distant memory of how the labor movement was built holds great symbolic power: as thousands of union organizers have asked in meetings, how did they do it in the 1930s? The United Auto […]
- Slovakia Says Some NATO Members Are Considering Sending Troops to Ukraineby Dave DeCamp
Slovakia Prime Minister Robert Fico warned on Monday that some NATO and EU countries are considering sending troops to Ukraine, a step that would risk direct war between NATO and Russia. “Several NATO and EU member states are considering sending their soldiers to Ukraine on a bilateral basis,” said Fico, who was elected last year … Continue reading "Slovakia Says Some NATO Members Are […]
- Climate change disruption of Atlantic currents reaching dangerous tipping point
The further weakening of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC), a major system of currents throughout the Atlantic Ocean, is likely to have drastic climatic consequences in northern Europe and globally.
- IMF Vows To Support Egypt as Nation Braces for Mass Displacement of Gazansby Orinoco Tribune 2
Cairo is reportedly coordinating with the US and Israel on a ‘buffer zone’ in its
- ‘Putin Was Right’: Western Complicity in Ukraine’s Terrorism Proves Wisdom of Special Operation
Recent revelations have proved Russia had no choice but to extinguish the growing threat within Ukraine.
- Habonim Dror: How Israeli Regime Recruits Left-Wing Americans To Fan Zionismby Orinoco Tribune 2
By Shabbir Rizvi – Feb 13, 2024 One of the most profound awakenings for Westerners
- Civilian Reported Killed in US-British Bombing of Yemenby Dave DeCamp
Yemen’s Saba news agency said a civilian was killed in the series of missile strikes the US and Britain launched across Houthi-controlled Yemen over the weekend, marking the first reported civilian death since the US began bombing Yemen on January 12. “The American-British aggression on the district of Maqbana in the governorate of Taiz has … Continue reading "Civilian Reported Killed in […]
- BREAKING – Terms of Possible Israel-Hamas Truce Deal Revealedby admin
Informed sources revealed to Al-Jazeera that Israel agreed to the terms of a preliminary framework for a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip. The ceasefire would include an exchange of prisoners with the Palestinian Resistance, based [...] The post BREAKING – Terms of Possible Israel-Hamas Truce Deal Revealed appeared first on Palestine Chronicle.
- Richmond, Virginia history teacher removed for lesson on Gaza genocide
Behind the actions against Catharine Massalha are powerful right wing forces. After a student recorded her in December, the student’s father sent the 12-minute audio recording to the Defense of Freedom Institute (DFI), and the recording and a transcript were subsequently published by the Washington Examiner in late January.
- NATO Countries Did Not Make Decision to Send Their Military to Ukraine - Polish President
WARSAW (Sputnik) - NATO countries disagree on sending their military to Ukraine and have not made a decision to do so, Polish President Andrzej Duda said on Tuesday.
- Why Would Anyone Kill Themselves To Stop a War?by Col. Ann Wright (ret.)
Six years ago in 2018, after returning from a Veterans For Peace trip to Vietnam, I wrote an article called “Why Would Anyone Kill One’s Self In an Attempt to Stop A War?” Now, six years later, in the past three months, two people in the United States have taken or risked taking their own … Continue reading "Why Would Anyone Kill Themselves To Stop a War?"
- Australian educators demand freedom of Julian Assange
A group of teachers from the northern and western working-class suburbs of Melbourne overwhelmingly passed a resolution demanding the immediate and unconditional freedom of imprisoned journalist Julian Assange.
- Israel Prohibits Civilians From Returning to Northern Gaza Until All Hostages Freed
MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said on Monday that residents of the Gaza Strip would not be able to return to the northern part of the enclave until all hostages still held by Hamas were released.
- Israel Changes Strategy, at a Cost – Resistance Roundup – Day 143by admin
By Palestine Chronicle Staff Due to the destruction of an unprecedented number of Israeli military vehicles in the Gaza war, the Israeli army has resorted to another style of fighting. Instead of pushing hundreds [...] The post Israel Changes Strategy, at a Cost – Resistance Roundup – Day 143 appeared first on Palestine Chronicle.
- China, a member of the Global South, cares about and takes root in the Global Southby Friends of Socialist China
The United Russia party organised the International Forum of Supporters of the Struggle against Modern Practices of Colonialism, “For the Freedom of Nations!” in Moscow, from February 16-17. It was attended by more than 400 participants from over 60 political parties in more than 55 countries as well as prominent people from other social circles. … Continue reading China, a member of the […]
- Ukraine Military Intelligence Chief Says Navalny Died of a Blood Clotby Dave DeCamp
Kyrylo Budanov, the head of Ukraine’s CIA-backed military intelligence agency, said Sunday that Russian opposition figure Alexei Navalny died of a blood clot. “I may disappoint you, but as far as we know, he indeed died as a result of a blood clot. And this has been more or less confirmed,” Budanov said, according to … Continue reading "Ukraine Military Intelligence Chief Says Navalny […]
- Ukraine War and the Ghost of Clausewitzby jackrasmus
by Dr. Jack Rasmus This week, February 24, 2024 marks the beginning of the third year of the war in Ukraine. Hundreds, if not thousands, of assessments of the first two years of the war will be published, heard, or viewed. As the war now enters its third year, Russia recently announced victory in a
- Message of greetings on the 55th anniversary of the founding of the DFLPby Friends of Socialist China
The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP), a Marxist-Leninist party which forms part of the Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) and which plays a full part in the resistance of the Palestinian people against Zionism and imperialism, marked its 55th anniversary on February 22. In this regard, the Foreign Affairs Department of the DFLP … Continue reading Message of greetings […]
- Two Killed, Several Wounded as Israel Attacks Lebanon’s Baalbek Area for First Timeby Jason Ditz
For the first time since the beginning of the Gaza War in October, Israel fired against targets in the Bekaa Valley, near the eastern city of Baalbek in Lebanon. At least two people were killed, reportedly Hezbollah members, and several others were wounded. Israeli comments on the matter suggest they targeted trucks in the attack, … Continue reading "Two Killed, Several Wounded as Israel […]
- ‘Nobody Can Kill Our Dream’ – Palestinian Women on Their Way to the Top of Asian Footballby admin
By Romana Rubeo “We only have one regret: there are no athletes from Gaza to play with us. We play thinking that they will play with us again, soon.” This is what Natali Shaheen [...] The post ‘Nobody Can Kill Our Dream’ – Palestinian Women on Their Way to the Top of Asian Football appeared first on Palestine Chronicle.
- Airman Sets Himself on Fire To Protest Genocide in Gazaby William Astore
Reprinted from Bracing Views with the author’s permission. A young Air Force airman set himself on fire outside the Israeli Embassy in DC to protest genocide in Gaza. Aaron Bushnell, 25, died after being taken to a hospital. Aaron Bushnell before he set himself on fire. Mainstream media sites chose not to feature any images … Continue reading "Airman Sets Himself on Fire To Protest Genocide […]
- Police attack anti-Netanyahu protesters as disillusionment with Gaza offensive grows
There is as yet only a small group protesting against the war itself, supporting a ceasefire and opposing Israel’s occupation, although there are signs this is growing.
- Jordanian Army Carries out Largest Aid Landing Operation over Gaza Coast – VIDEOby admin
By Palestine Chronicle Staff The Jordanian army air-dropped aid and relief to displaced Palestinians in besieged Gaza. The Palestine Chronicle captured the moment airplanes began their mission over the Gaza coast. The Jordanian army [...] The post Jordanian Army Carries out Largest Aid Landing Operation over Gaza Coast – VIDEO appeared first on Palestine Chronicle.
- Massive increase in anti-Muslim violence in Germany
Against the backdrop of the genocide Israel is committing in Gaza with the help of its NATO allies, violence against Muslims and Palestinians in Germany has increased dramatically in recent weeks and months.
- CIA Built 12 Spy Bases in Ukraine Near the Russian Border Over Past Decadeby Dave DeCamp
The CIA helped build 12 secret spy bases in Ukraine along the Russian border as part of the agency’s support for Ukrainian intelligence that started in 2014, The New York Times reported on Sunday. The report described one of the CIA-built spy bases as an underground bunker used by Ukrainian soldiers to “track Russian spy … Continue reading "CIA Built 12 Spy Bases in Ukraine Near the Russian […]
- Adele vs. Taylor Swift, Covid, and Entertainment Industry Pandemic Insuranceby Lambert Strether
Twists and turns as artists and their insurers adapt to the on-going Covid pandemic (and fans go unprotected)
- Most Americans Believe Illegal Migration Hotter Issue Under Biden Than Trump, Obama - Poll
WASHINGTON (Sputnik) - A majority of Americans believe that illegal immigration is a more serious issue under the Biden administration than it was during the Trump and Obama administrations, a Monmouth University poll revealed on Monday.
- UK Zionist Community Security Trust group equates opposition to Israel’s genocide with antisemitism
The CST’s “Antisemitic Incidents Report 2023” reinforces the campaign by the Conservative government, backed by the Labour opposition, to criminalise opposition to the genocidal actions of the Israeli state.
- Hungary’s Parliament Ratifies Sweden’s NATO Membershipby Dave DeCamp
Sweden cleared its last hurdle to join NATO on Monday as Hungary’s parliament ratified its membership. “The parliaments of all Nato member states have now voted in favor of Swedish accession to NATO. Sweden stands ready to shoulder its responsibility for Euro-Atlantic security,” Swedish Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson said after the vote. Sweden will formally join NATO … Continue reading […]
- Sahar Aziz and Mitchell Plitnickby Josh Frank
This time on CounterPunch Radio we sit down with Sahar Aziz and Mitchell Plitnick, co-authors of "Presumptively Antisemitic: Islamophobic Tropes in the Palestine-Israel Discourse," a critical new report published by Rutgers University Law School's Center for Security, Race, and Rights. The conversation explores the political and social context for this report, as well as the timing of its […]
- Why Would Anyone Kill One’s Self In an Attempt to Stop A War?by Ann Wright
Four years ago in 2018, after returning from a Veterans For Peace trip to Viet Nam, I wrote an article called “Why Would Anyone Kill One’s Self In an Attempt to Stop A War?” Now, four years later, in the past three months, two persons in the United States have taken their own lives in The post Why Would Anyone Kill One’s Self In an Attempt to Stop A War? first appeared on CovertAction […]
- Economic Optimism: Growth and Jobs Up, Inflation Down in 2024 Forecast
Economists are forecasting a promising outlook for the U.S. economy in 2024, anticipating faster growth, reduced inflation, and robust job creation, defying the previous year's recession fears. The National Association for Business Economics projects a 2.2% increase in GDP, alongside a decrease in the Consumer Price Index to 2.4%, signaling a significant improvement from past years. This […]
- Russian forces continue advancing after securing Avdeevka, pro-Ukrainian “Live UA Map” reportsby Brian Berletic
▪️despite claims that Russia suffered astronomical, unsustainable losses of manpower and equipment, Russian forces continue momentum past The post Russian forces continue advancing after securing Avdeevka, pro-Ukrainian “Live UA Map” reports appeared first on TheAltWorld.
- Majority of Americans Now Support Border Wall With Mexico as Migration Crisis Festers
President Biden pledged to stop work on his predecessor’s signature physical border wall with Mexico after entering office in 2021, with his administration promising to pump over $1.5 billion into a high-tech ‘smart’ wall featuring AI, biometrics, infrared cameras and motion sensors which doesn't seem to have materialized.
- Prices of New Houses v. Prices of Existing Houses: Why Sales of New Houses Hang in there as Sales of Existing Houses Plungeby Wolf Richter
Price Cuts and mortgage-rate buydowns, though costly for homebuilders, make new houses more attractive.
- The Great American Housing Squeeze: Construction Costs Out of Reach for Most
The housing affordability crisis in America has reached a dire point where nearly two-thirds of American families are unable to afford the construction costs of an average home. To determine what Americans can actually afford, Creditnews Research delved into the costs in the various stages of residential property construction and how they compare to Americans' purchasing power. The research […]
- 2:00PM Water Cooler 2/26/2024by Lambert Strether
~ Water Cooler: Open Thread ~
- West Risks 'Worst-Case Scenario' in Ukraine — Slovak PM
Moscow has stressed many times that it regards the conflict in Ukraine as a US proxy war against Russia, with Ukrainians serving as “cannon fodder” for the West.
- Israeli Officials Downplay Prospect of New Hostage Deal With Hamasby Dave DeCamp
Israeli officials are downplaying the prospects of a new hostage deal with Hamas even as Israeli negotiators head to Qatar to discuss the details, The Times of Israel reported on Monday. According to media reports, the deal presented on Friday during talks between Qatar, Egypt, the US, and Israel would involve the release of 40 … Continue reading "Israeli Officials Downplay Prospect of New […]
- Paul Tudor Jones Sounds Alarm on U.S. Debt Crisis
Billionaire investor Paul Tudor Jones has raised alarms over the burgeoning U.S. federal debt, which he refers to as a "debt bomb" that may soon reach a critical juncture. In a candid discussion with CNBC, Jones discussed the severity of the current U.S. economic situation, which is significantly buoyed by the government's extensive borrowing and spending. This reliance on debt, according to […]
- Crimes against Humanity. The Eradication of Palestinian Children: “Ten Little Palestinians and Then There Were Noneby Irwin Jerome
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name (only available in desktop version). To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Click the share button … The post Crimes against Humanity. The Eradication of Palestinian Children: “Ten Little Palestinians and Then There Were […]
- Gaza Refugees Hold Early Ramadan Competition in Displacement Camp – PHOTOSby admin
By Mahmoud Ajjour – Gaza The holy month of Ramadan is approaching, promising social and spiritual activities, and even competition among young children who want to be recognized for their achievements. For Palestinian Muslims in [...] The post Gaza Refugees Hold Early Ramadan Competition in Displacement Camp – PHOTOS appeared first on Palestine Chronicle.
- India-Russia Relations: A Wealth of Opportunities to Deepen Economic Engagement and Foster Enduring Partnershipsby Sammy Kotwani
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name (only available in desktop version). To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Click the share button … The post India-Russia Relations: A Wealth of Opportunities to Deepen Economic Engagement and Foster Enduring Partnerships […]
- Zelensky Downplays Ukrainian Losses to Wheedle More Money Out of West
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky claimed that just 31,000 Ukrainian troops had been killed since the beginning of Russia's special military operation. Are these numbers realistic? What's behind Zelensky's assessment?
- ZeroHedge: There's An Odd Chill In The Air - Dallas Fed Respondents Warn Of "Pending Doom"
The Dallas Fed's Manufacturing Survey has continued its negative trend for the 22nd consecutive month as of February, although there was a slight improvement from January's lows. The headline indicator remained in the negative territory at -11.3, reflecting ongoing challenges in the manufacturing sector.
- Netanyahu and Biden: “Priests of Satan”?by Paul Yesse
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name (only available in desktop version). To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Click the share button … The post Netanyahu and Biden: “Priests of Satan”? appeared first on Global Research.
- Era of West’s Maritime Hegemony Has Reached Its End, Houthis Say
Despite lacking any sort of blue water navy or even much of a brown water fleet beyond machinegun-armed gunboats, the Yemeni militia has managed to put a giant dent in international shipping through the Red Sea chokepoint linking Europe and Asia, with the volume of maritime traffic through the nearby Suez Canal dropping by as much as 40 percent.
- Gold Prices Dip in Anticipation of Pivotal U.S. Inflation Report
Gold prices saw a slight decline as investors and traders turned their attention to the upcoming U.S. inflation data, expected to be released this week. This data is significant as it could potentially affect the Federal Reserve's decisions on interest rate cuts. Spot gold fell by 0.5% to $2,025.91 an ounce, while U.S. gold futures experienced a 0.6% drop to $2,036.60. The focus is particularly […]
- The Declining Yen: A Look into Its Battle Against the Dollar
The Japanese yen has significantly weakened against major currencies, marking it as the decade's worst performer. Particularly against the US dollar, the yen has fallen 37.8% since 2020, even reaching a 30-year peak above 151.50. Despite the dollar's strong performance, a large majority of traders (74%) are betting on the yen to bounce back, anticipating a return to its average historical values. […]
- Russian Scientists in Crimea Create Superpower 'Nanopowder'
Scientists from Sevastopol have invented a unique nanopowder that can be used in aircraft construction, radiation protection, production of new materials and equipment, Vladimir Gavrish, Director of the Center for Collective Use of Advanced Technologies and Materials at Sevastopol State University, told Sputnik.
- The CIA’s Secret Ten-Year War on Russia… From Within Ukraine!by Ron Paul and Daniel McAdams
On today’s Ron Paul Liberty Report: The New York Times came out with a bombshell article on Sunday detailing the past ten years of CIA active warfare from within Ukraine against Russia. From building 12 CIA bases within the country, to instructing on sabotage inside Russia to providing targeting intelligence BEFORE the 2022 Russian military … Continue reading "The CIA’s Secret Ten-Year War […]
- NATO Troops to Cross Poland's Vistula River as Part of Dragon-24 Drills
WARSAW (Sputnik) - NATO troops will cross the Vistula River as part of the Dragon-24 exercises, the Polish armed forces' operational command said on Monday.
- Aaron Bushnell Burned Himself Alive To Make You Turn Your Eyes To Gazaby Caitlin Johnstone
Listen to a reading of this article (reading by Tim Foley): I watched the uncensored video of The post Aaron Bushnell Burned Himself Alive To Make You Turn Your Eyes To Gaza appeared first on TheAltWorld.
- U.S. Intelligence’s Covert War on Blacks Targeted Activists and Rappers Transforming Gangs in Chicago, Head of Revolutionary Black Panther Party Saysby John Potash
[This article is part of a special for Black History Month that looks at the intelligence agency’s war on Black American activists, which the corporate media never spotlights.—Editors] Activist leaders and rappers have tried to help convert drug-dealing gangs into activist organizations since the 1960s. U.S. intelligence has tried to hijack these efforts and undermine The post U.S. […]
- Six Times More Children and Women Killed in Palestine in Five Months Than in Ukraine in Two yearsby orinocotribune
The number of women and children killed in nearly five months of Israeli attacks on
- Dismantling Western Hypocrisy on Xinjiang and Gazaby Orinoco Tribune 2
By Arjae Red – Jan 16, 2024 Arjae Red, a union activist and Workers World
- Leaked Details on CIA Ops in Ukraine Signal ‘End is Near’ for Kiev: Agency Vet
The New York Times published a major expose on Sunday about the Central Intelligence Agency’s operations in Ukraine, providing details on the creation of a dozen clandestine intel forward operating bases near Russia’s borders. Sputnik reached out to former CIA officer Larry Johnson to help separate the wheat from the chaff in the report.
- US Debt and the Rising Specter of Bond Vigilantes: A Financial Stability Threat?
The resurgence of bond vigilantism in the market for sovereign debt, as seen in the UK's recent financial turmoil, raises concerns about potential impacts on the US economy. With the US's significant role in providing safe assets during global crises and the dollar's status as the leading reserve currency, the idea of similar challenges in the US Treasury market seems almost unthinkable. Despite […]
- Yemen’s fearless escalationby Abdel Bari Atwan
Ansarullah challenge Egypt’s compliance with Israeli Gaza aid curbs While many Arab governments that possess hundreds of The post Yemen’s fearless escalation appeared first on TheAltWorld.
- Clean Water Scarce amid Unsustainable Sanitary Conditions in Gaza – UNRWAby admin
By Palestine Chronicle Staff Amid a scarcity of clean water, the UN Agency for Palestine Refugees, UNRWA, warns that sanitary conditions are unsustainable in the besieged Gaza Strip. Clean water is scarce in the [...] The post Clean Water Scarce amid Unsustainable Sanitary Conditions in Gaza – UNRWA appeared first on Palestine Chronicle.
- Selected Articles: A Global Chorus of Pretence to Halt the Gaza Bloodbath. The New World Order’s “Global Welfare”by Global Research News
A Global Chorus of Pretence to Halt the Gaza Bloodbath. The New World Order’s “Global Welfare” By Julian Rose, February 26, 2024 For those who have failed to recognise the true colours of the global institutions charged with acting … The post Selected Articles: A Global Chorus of Pretence to Halt the Gaza Bloodbath. The New World Order’s “Global Welfare” appeared first on Global […]
- After This Week’s Julian Assange Court Hearing, This Is Clear: Extradition Would Amount to a Death Sentenceby Duncan Campbell
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name (only available in desktop version). To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Click the share button … The post After This Week’s Julian Assange Court Hearing, This Is Clear: Extradition Would Amount to a Death Sentence […]
- US Vaccine Injury Compensation Program Has 10-Year Backlog of Claimsby Megan Redshaw
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the Translate Website button below the author’s name (only available in desktop version). To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here. Click the share button … The post US Vaccine Injury Compensation Program Has 10-Year Backlog of Claims appeared first on Global Research.
- Citadel Strikes Gold in Commodities: Over $4 Billion Earned in 2023
In 2023, Citadel, a leading multi-strategy hedge fund, saw its profits soar thanks to its commodities trading business, which raked in over $4 billion. The Bloomberg report highlights Citadel's strategic prowess in leveraging market trends and volatility to secure substantial gains, illustrating the hedge fund's strong performance in a sector known for its challenges and opportunities.